Sunday, June 21, 2009

Super Hollywood Acolytes Unite!!

I had this idea while watching one of my favorite television shows ever, The Venture Brothers. This show combines a bunch of fun elements. Direct Satire, loads of Pop Culture and lovable characters. All of this is combined to mock but, at the same time celebrate, Comic books, Hannah Barbera superheroes, and everyday life. As well as everything in between. When watching the Episode "Now Museum, Now You don't" which is possibly one of my favorite episodes of all time. I noticed the All-Star cast of ever changing and classic members of Dr. Ventures team of semi powered allies. Most of them reminded me of or were direct references to celebrities from days past.

So, being an avid comic book fan. As well as a pseudo artist. I decided that I would also strive to create a team of superheroes revisting the glory days of Hannah Barbera and whatnot while referencing the dark world of celebrities. "This should be fun" I thought to myself when coming up with this scheme. "but, who ever will I use for this project?" This problem will take several days at least to rsesolve. Several Candidiates have been kicked around. Some of them including Andre the Giant, Mr. T, James Dean, and Marilyn Monroe.

Go ahead and try to tell me the idea of Andre the Giant smashing in do-badders doesnt send shivers up and down and all around your spine.

By the way, this blog has kinda been turned into whenever I think about it or Remember.

So keep on your toes.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment